Sunday, March 20, 2005

Die Another Day -The trendy MADrasi lives again, in a new avtaar in the city he loves and he aims to live again!

James Baand rules. The Chennai screens, of course, and in Tamil. If dishum dishum is old-fashion, then `lave’, I mean, love is in. Or shall we say kaadhal?

Kaadhal is everywhere. It’s on the buses, it’s on the bikes, it’s everywhere… even in class rooms. No wonder all our directors and scriptwriters are inspired to pen yet another `differently’ re-freshing love story. And here, kaadhal is a cone ice!

Where did my veshti go? Out of my wardrobe and my life. Jeans pants is fashion, says thalaivar. My thalaivar good fashion – he wear purple shirt and green pant – very, very smart!

But lot of MADrasis are smarter. Especially the girls, you know. They wear nice pants, nice dress and show nice legs. Also nice colour, colour hair. Then I see Sonali Bendre. She wearing very smart pants. Fashion, now I know, is a smart pant, I say.

I like to talk. So I get cell phone. Who I talk with? Lots of people, lots and lots… I talk on the road, I talk in the cinema hall, I talk on my mobike, I talk at home and even at temple. Fashion, is also a smart cell phone.

Where is our kaapi? Gone O gone and we have coffee instead and aiyaiyo, coffee pubs!

Then I see pubs, pubs everywhere, but not all serve kaapi. So I go and see and have fun. Fashion, I know again, is to be seen in a pub.

You dance? No, no not Bharatanatyam! Even though that’s all you can see in the city sabhas. I mean dance… disco dance. I like disco. You shake, shake, shake… great fun and great fashion. You know what I mean? I go mad on the dance floor…

Then I want to see cinema. I want to see all cinema – Hindi, English, Tamil. Very fashion, very fun. I go see, I sit on nice sofa seat, I drink Coke, I eat popcorn, I eat chips and have nice time. Everyone have nice time.

Then I go to East Coast Road. Very bumpy ride in my new Indigo car. Bump, bump, bump. Then we go to amusement park… what’s its name?… and we go on many thrilling rides… bump, bump, bump!

What? What you say? I am mad? No, no! We are like this only. We like life super fast. As Mr Baand says, I’ll Die Another Day.

No comments: